Belleek Castle is committed to protecting & respecting your privacy. Any personal information which you volunteer to Belleek Castle will be treated with the highest standards of security.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will that it. As Data Controllers under the Data Protection Act 988 we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of the Irish Data Protection legislation and will ensure that we:
Obtain and process information fairly.
• Keep information only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purpose.
• Use and disclose information only in ways compatible with these purposes.
• Keep information safe and secure.
• Keep information accurate, complete and up to date.
• Ensure that information is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
• Retain information for no longer than is necessary for the specified purpose or purposes.Give a copy of personal data to the individual from whom it was taken on written request.
Our Privacy Statement is a legal requirement underpinned by two distinct pieces of legislation:
▪ The Data Protection Acts 1988 & 2003 ("The Acts")
Communications Networks and Services) (Privacy and Electronic
Communications) Regulations 2011 ("SI 336/2011")
▪ EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (“GDPR”)
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user's experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
By using our website and voluntarily providing any personal data to us through booking or browsing, you confirm that you agree to and consent to the terms of this Privacy Statement on your behalf and on behalf of others you are representing , to the extent that your consent is required by any applicable law. We will only use and retain your personal data with your consent or other lawful basis. We ask for your consent on those occasions and in those places where we specify what we will use your personal data for.
We may share your personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may disclose your personal data to carry out any checks concerning you or enforce any booking or contract with you (including credit, security, fraud and identity checks). This may include credit reference agencies and other companies for use in credit decisions, for fraud prevention and to pursue debtors.
- We disclose your personal data to third parties as necessary to deal with any booking enquiry being made by or for you, to make any booking requested by or for you, to perform and administer any booking for you or other contract with or in respect of you. This may include; to apply for visas on your behalf, to collect payments to be made by you, to investigate and respond to complaints, and to enforce any booking or other contract with you. Such third parties may include any suppliers or sub-contractors and their agents (e.g. airlines, coach, ferry or train companies, hoteliers, hire companies, cruise companies, tour operators etc.). The identities of these parties may change from time to time and are engaged so we can provide our services to you
- We may disclose your personal data to any third party (e.g. supplier, contractor sub- contractor) we make any enquiries with concerning or engage or sub-contract to perform any booking or other contract, including to provide any travel, tour or other products or services we have agreed to provide to you. We may disclose your personal data to any supplier with whom we make any enquiry concerning or book any travel or other products and services for you as agent (whether as agent for you, someone representing you, or the supplier), such as a tour operator. Details of any third party tour operators or other third parties who will be responsible for or supply you with the travel services booked or enquired about, may be obtained from us on request, and may be stated in any tour or other brochure provided by us.
- Insurance - If any application is made through us for any travel or other insurance to cover you, we will pass your personal data on to the insurer. Information provided by you may be put on to a register of claims and shared with other insurers to prevent fraudulent claims
- Where we use third parties to host, provide, operate or supply any part of our websites, databases, systems, business, or services, or carry out on our behalf any of our business functions or actions (including sending mail, processing payments, providing marketing assistance, providing customer and advertising analysis, and providing customer services), then then we may provide your personal data to them as required for use for or processing as part of those purposes.
- Where any facility on our website is clearly designed to make certain of your personal data public (e.g. posts you make to any public forum or reviews facility), then any personal data you provide in relation to that forum or other facility, which is provided in circumstance where it is clear that it is intended to be published, will be disclosed to the public accordingly, subject to moderation by us.
- We may supply personal data to a government authority or regulator where required to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, for the purposes of customs, visas and immigration, or where reasonably required to protect your vital interests or enforce any booking or other contract. We may disclose your personal data where otherwise required by or permitted by law.
- If our customer is a business or organisation, and we are holding your personal data in your capacity as an associate of that business or organisation (including as agent, representative, contact, employee, officer, owner, partner, or director), then we may disclose to them that personal data. If our customer is making a booking or booking enquiry on your behalf, with your authority, then we may disclose to our customer your personal data as reasonably required in connection with such booking or enquiry, or the subsequent performance of or payment for any booking made.
- If our business is ever transferred to a third party, then your personal data will be transferred to the acquirer to enable them to continue the business.
Right of Access
You may request information on whether we are processing personal data about you, to tell you what personal data we are processing and for what purposes, and to provide you with a copy of your personal data that we hold. We must provide the data request for free unless the request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive.
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, you may contact us at email@example.com
Period for retaining your data
Belleek Castle will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
You have the right to claim and reuse your personal information for your own in certain circumstances.
We do not use or disclose your personal data for direct marketing purposes unless we have obtained your consent to this. You have the right to object to the use of your personal information for direct marketing.
Right of rectification or erasure
You have the right to request us to cease using your personal data for any purpose, subject to exceptions. You have the right to request us to rectify, block, erase or destroy any inaccurate personal data we hold about you. in certain circumstances we may have the right to refuse to do so.
We are committed to doing what we reasonably can to keep your personal data secure, and we are obliged by law to put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data.
Transmission of information over email is not secure and if you submit any information to us over the internet by email you do so entirely at your own risk. We cannot be responsible for any costs, expenses, loss of profits, harm to reputation, liabilities or any other form of loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your decision to transmit information to us by email.
For your own security measures we encourage you to maintain anti-virus and other malware protection software on your computers and other devices, and to maintain your own measures to protect your personal Data. Please do not include sensitive personal data in any emails you may send to us, including payment card information.
We also encourage you to be careful about who you give personal data to. We will never contact you for sensitive personal data, such as payment card in formation, or sensitive personal data such as passport numbers or log in details, and we will only ask you for such information in person or through our website, or by telephone in connection with a booking you are making or have made.
The laws we comply with are regulated by the Information Commissioner. in addition to your rights above , it is open to you, if you have a complaint or concern, to seek assistance from this supervisory authority who has powers to compel us to comply with the applicable laws and fine is for non compliance. However before you do so, we would hope that you will contact us first to discuss any complaint or concerns you have.